Teacher Service Commission, TSC, advertised 2,945 vacancies on January 19th, to replace teachers who exited the service through natural attrition of which 2,053 posts were for primary schools and 892 posts for secondary schools across the country.
The selected teachers will be deployed on the order of merit. Those with diplomas, masters, and higher diplomas will be given first priority in deployment. The deployment will be due to junior secondary schools which are just about to be implemented.
Here is the list of positions to be filled:
At the same time, TSC has received funds to employ more teachers in preparation for the junior secondary schools brought about by the Competency-Based Curriculum.
TSC said primary school teachers will not apply for the replacement vacancies through the online platform but will be selected from the merit list compiled during the recruitment of additional teachers in July 2021.
“In the January 2022 advertisement on natural attrition, primary school teachers will be selected from the merit list compiled during the recruitment of additional teachers – July 2021,” reads the statement.
Freshly employed graduates employed by the Teachers Service Commission, TSC, earn a basic monthly salary of 34,955 shillings. They earn a monthly commuter allowance of 5,000 shillings, an annual Leave allowance (paid every January) of 6,000 shillings, and a monthly House allowance of between 7,000 shillings to 16,500 shillings depending on the area of residence.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of a P1 certificate in the case of primary schools and a minimum of a diploma in education in the case of secondary schools;
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission.
General Information Please note that:
- The Teachers Service Commission Recruitment Guidelines 2021/2022 FY shall apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- In the case of primary schools, successful candidates will be posted to serve in any part of the country where vacancies exist and not necessarily in the county where they were recruited. iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce original professional and academic certificates.
Successful candidates must not fill out more than one Application for Employment Form. Filling of two or more Application for Employment Forms will lead to disqualification;
Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been employed by the Teachers Service Commission. Manually filled applications will not be accepted. For detailed information on available vacancies per county/or school, applicants are advised to visit the TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke.
Related Content: Teachers Get More Allowances As TSC’s Virtual Learning Commences